Grilled chicken over quinoa
I’ve made a healthy-eating menu for the week. Let’s see how long I can stick with it! I’m becoming obsessed with quinoa. It’s such a nice change from rice and bread.
2 boneless chicken breasts
2 tblsp. lemon pepper olive oil
1/8 tsp. cumin
1/8 tsp. cayenne
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup quinoa
2 roma tomatoes, diced
Handful of broccoli florets
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tblsp. lemon juice
6 cups water
1) In a small bowl, combine a tablespoon of lemon pepper olive oil with the cumin and cayenne.
2) Rub the olive oil mixture on both sides of each chicken breast. Sprinkle salt and pepper per your preference and let the chicken marinate while you prepare the quinoa.
3) In a medium sized saucepan, heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat and sautée tomatoes for 5 minutes.
4) Add salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
5) Mix in quinoa and sautée for 5 minutes.
6) Toss in the broccoli, add water, and bring to a boil.
7) Stir in the lemon juice, lower heat, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes.
8) Heat a grill or frying pan over medium heat and cook the chicken breasts on both sides until brown.
9) Slice the chicken breasts into strips. If they are white all the way through, remove from the grill/pan.
Throw the chicken onto the quinoa and serve hot!